Thursday, August 13, 2009

Perhentian Island - Day 1 Part 2

After the first snorkelling trip we went back to our chalet to freshen up. Mr. Chin was trying to pretend to be intellectual.


As much as we feel like taking a nap, it still seemed like the wrong thing to do. So we decided to take a walk along the beach before dinner.


The water around Flora Bay Resort was not as clear as around the snorkelling area.


The water became slightly murky because the waves brought up the sand.


Inspired by Yasmin Ahmad's Sepet. Hehe... Actually it was Mr. Chin's idea.


A cat at the beach. We were wondering how did the cat ever got here. I mean, can he swim? If he lives here long enough, can he learn to swim?

We even brought some bread to feed the fishes. I tried to capture them using my 3.2 megapixel antique but to no avail.

The white speck is the bread crumb I threw. The fishes could really swim fast. One moment it was there, the next it was gone.

That's a... erm... a dead coral if I'm not mistaken...


Dinner was barbeque chicken, sausages, sotong, etc in buffet style. I was glad I didn't have to cook the food myself and get my hands dirty, but the food was terrible, which was why I had totally no intention of taking photos of.

The initial plan after dinner was to go back to the chalet to rest for a while and fetch the torch lights, then we would come out to look for blue sand. It was only about 8p.m. after all. But when two lazy people go for a vacation, you can expect what would happen. Yes, you guessed it right. We slept at 9p.m., totally forgetting about blue sand and the beach and all. I did subconsciously recall Mr. Chin mumbling something about "don't sleep" and "blue sand". But he was snoring like a pig seconds after he said that.

So yeah... That kind of ended our first night in Perhentian Island.

To be continue...

No comments: